Sunday, March 25, 2012

Time for a change of plans.


Things have been a little quiet on the Light With No Sense of Proportion front lately... I've been too busy with my day job, rewiring a friend's house and being crook to work on it.

Anyways I finally hung the streetlight fitting inside the lampshade to try it out: Unfortunately it's not all good news.
The ghostly sodium spirit.

The result looks pretty cool, it's almost getting towards my desired streetlight with christmas lights aesthetic.


















The mass of the lampshade and streetlight together is a little greater than expected... As a result the pipe bends a lot more than I would like. 


You may be able to see the bend in the pipe here.
So the use of Plan B is necessary: The pipe will now be cantilevered from the first floor  "balcony" with a top stay to prevent the pipe from drooping. Stay Tuned...




No comments:

Post a Comment